Post Card - The Buick Automobile Factory, Flint, Michigan
Rare 3-1/2" x 5-1/2", unused, original color post card in excellent condition published by "S. S. Kresge" between 1907 and 1908. (Sebastian Spering Kresge founded his company in 1899 with Charles J. Wilson. They opened two "five and ten" stores. One of those stores was located in Detroit. The S. S. Kresge Company went on to become one of the Nation's largest retailers.) This is a view looking northwest across Hamilton Avenue. The Buick headquarters building is on the left; Factory #1 is behind it. In the center of the photo, the stack from the Oak Powerhouse can be seen. The Oak Powerhouse was the first power plant to be constructed on the Buick site. This photo was taken from the front of the Flint Varnish Works factory, across Hamilton Avenue. You will receive a high-resolution image of excellent clarity, enlarged to 8-1/2" x 11" to show evey detail.
|Author:||Published by S.S. Kresge|
|Donor or Source:||David M. Landow|
|Cost of Reproduction:||$10.00|
|Cost of Original Document:||There are no originals of this item available.|