W. F. Stewart Wood Works Factory #4
3-1/2" x 5" color post card. The first Buick bodies were reportedly built on West Second Street by W. F. Stewart Wood Works at "Stewart Factory #1." This post card depicts "Stewart Wood Works Factory #4" as it appeared in 1907 shortly after its original construction. Stewart Wood Works Factory #4 was purchased by Buick in 1908 and was redesignated by Buick as "Buick Factory #4." This post card likely dates to 1908 because it carries the designation "Buick Factory, Flint, Michigan." A liitle known fact about early Buick production is that a tunnel was constructed between Factory #1 and the building depicted herein (under Hamilton Avenue) to transport completed wood bodies to Factory #1.
|Donor or Source:||David M. Landow|
|Cost of Reproduction:||$7.50|
|Cost of Original Document:||There are no originals of this item available.|